RECIPE OF THE MONTH
For those that have already packed up the grill, here is a tasty,and nutritious alternative
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup lean ground beef
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 cup green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced or strips
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Oriental 5 spice blend
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
Cook one cup rice.
Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Put in hamburger. Cook until well browned.
Add spices (except soy ). Add vegetables and mix together with hamburger.
Cook until vegetables are soft but still slightly crisp. Add rice and soy sauce. Stir and serve.